Global Director of Logistics and Operations
We usually respond within a week
Matsmart-Motatos is a different kind of food store, challenging the thought of sustainable consumption. We’re a European grocery e-commerce, aiding the sustainable reform of our food system by giving everyone a chance to save our planet in an effortless way. We partner with food and FMCG companies to save products at risk of going to waste by re-selling them at awesome discounted prices directly to consumers: fun, affordable, and accessible to all. Today, our shops are open in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria and the UK 🌎💪
Working at Matsmart-Motatos, you will join our fight against food waste and contribute to making the world a better place 🦸
We are now looking for a highly motivated and experienced Global Director of Logistics and Operations to lead our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a full AutoStore warehouse in Sweden, as well as two remote sites run by third-party logistics providers in Germany and the UK. The Global Director of Logistics and Operations will also be responsible for overseeing the Purchasing Operations team, the customer service agency, and handling our last-mile carriers.
The role will be reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
You and your team will handle the following responsibilities
- Develop and execute the overall logistics and operations strategy for the organization
- Manage and optimize the performance of the AutoStore warehouse in Sweden, ensuring cost-efficient operations and high-quality service
- Own the accuracy, quality, visibility and performance of fulfillment and delivery of our third-party logistics providers in Germany and the UK, and work closely with them to ensure that they meet the organization's expectations and standards
- Negotiate agreements with our last-mile carriers and ensure that all deliveries are made on time and to the satisfaction of the organization's customers
- Manage the Purchasing Operations Team and ensure that all processes are efficient and cost-effective
- Ensure a high level of customer and supplier satisfaction by maintaining high standards of quality, efficiency, and sustainability
- Be responsible for the Customer Service Agency and ensure that all customer inquiries and concerns are addressed promptly and satisfactorily
- Develop and implement logistics and operations policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Manage six direct reports, including Head of 3PL, Head of AutoStore Warehouse, Head of Purchasing Operations & Global Food Safety and Customer Service Manager.
- Overall responsibility for a team of 23 and 80+ workers in the warehouse
To be successful in this role, we believe you need
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related field
- At least five years of experience in a leading function in logistics and operations management, with a focus on warehousing in a D2C environment
- Strong understanding of automated warehouse systems and processes (such as AutoStore(r) or comparable)
- Experience managing third-party logistics providers in multiple locations
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Experience working in a global environment and managing teams across multiple time zones
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards related to logistics and operations
- Experience managing budgets and financial performance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Swedish and German is a plus
In addition, it’s great if you have the following qualifications
- A track record of operational excellence and improving the user experience for customers and stakeholders
- Proven ability to redefine end-to-end business processes, reorganize team structures, and support ERP migration projects enabling automated workflows and improved supplier integration
- Experience leading the execution of customer journey opportunity analysis and implementing operational excellence scoreboards with clearly defined quality gates along the customer journey
- Experience leading day-to-day supply chain operations, including inbound transportation, management of multiple suppliers, scheduling, order management, fulfillment of high volumes of outbound items, distribution, and returns handling.
Working at Matsmart-Motatos, you will join our fight against food waste and have the ability to contribute to making the world a better place. Join our revolution! 🌎
- Commercial & Operations
- Stockholm, Berlin, Örebro
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Why work with us?
♻️ Have real impact
A unique opportunity to work hands on to reduce the food waste.
💪 Entrepreneurial journey
Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed company with very ambitious growth plans. Plenty of room for personal growth.
👫 The best colleagues available
We are a dedicated team that work towards a common goal. We have fun together and learn from each other. Everyday.
Workplace & culture
Our employees are driven, smart, fun and passionate about our mission - to reduce the food waste. Working here you will experience an atmosphere that is entrepreneurial and energetic. Curious how that feels? Reach out and try us!
Matsmart-Motatos is an online store with the superhero ambition of saving the planet by reducing food waste🦸🌎 How, you might wonder? Well, simply by selling stuff that would otherwise have gone to waste due to reasons like overproduction, faulty packaging, seasonal trends and short or passed expiration dates. Awesomely at bargain prices. Do you too feel like a hero? Join us✌️
Global Director of Logistics and Operations
Loading application form
Already working at Matsmart-Motatos?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.