We usually respond within a week
At Matsmart/Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. At Matsmart/Motatos, we are taking care of already produced surplus goods and selling it online at affordable prices to customers who want to buy perfectly good food that otherwise would have gone to waste. We are present in Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria and the UK and are on our way to the rest of Europe!
Join our revolution! 🦸 🚀
Do you have an analytical mind with a strong sense for digital communication and e-commerce? Do you want to be responsible for the planning and strategy of Matsmart’s direct marketing?
To support our growth and development in the Nordic countries and internationally, we are now looking for more people to join our team! Keep reading if you would like to be part of driving a positive change, fight food waste and reduce our climate footprint ♻️
In this role you will be responsible for one of our most important revenue channels. You will be a part of our Nordic Merchandising team and report to our Head of Merchandising. The team works in an agile and constantly changing environment, and you will be able to affect and influence our ways of working and how we deliver our written communication.
What you’ll do 💪
We are looking for a person to work across our Nordic markets (Sweden, Finland and Denmark) with both the analysis of our customer base and the utilization of that base in the best way possible in our marketing. The CRM Manager is a central anchor point for our operational business and plays a key role in achieving our reactivation and sales targets. The responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the process for full utilisation of current CRM system
- Designing and implementing direct email marketing campaigns together with the merchandising team
- Planning and implementing CRM strategies to improve customer retention, loyalty and engagement
- Analysing customer data to build highly personalised campaigns and segments
- Conceptualising, create and develop our life cycle flows together with our global CRM team
- Building campaigns and automation to strengthen customer loyalty and maximize customer lifetime value
- Setting up regular A/B tests and analysing the results together with our global CRM team, as well as the general newsletter and email campaign performance and optimising our flows, campaigns and offers on a data-based basis.
- Supporting the implementation of further direct sales channels and responsibility for their operational execution (Web push, sms, etc.)
We believe you are ⭐️
- Strongly business minded
- Passionate for creative and analytical CRM-work
- Humble, with a positive attitude
- Both strategic and operational
- A team player
- Able to shift up when needed and handle fast-paced situations as well as tight deadlines
- Proactive and independent
To be successful, we believe you need 💼
- At least two years of experience in direct sales, CRM or email marketing and therefore already some experience in working with CRM systems
- Experience within either e-commerce, retail or B2C marketing - ideally within FMCG
- Confidence to further develop our email channel as a sales and reactivation channel: you are always open to new ideas and approaches.
- Knowledge of not only the classic email marketing KPIs, but also of what margin, average order value and conversion rate mean
- An eye for detail and a desire to test and optimise things
- A hands-on mentality, are well organized, structured and keep track of complex automations and email flows.
- A strong analytical approach: You prefer to make decisions based on data, but never forget the customer's point of view
- Strong writing skills
- Fluency in Swedish and English (you will have several international colleagues). If you can work in other languages such as Finnish or Danish, it's a plus.
Who we are 🌎
Humanity and our planet needs a big shift to secure a fair and livable future for all people. Motatos is a different kind of food store; a European grocery e-commerce, aiding the sustainable reform of our food system by giving everyone a chance to save our planet in an effortless way. We partner with food and FMCG companies to save products at risk of going to waste by re-selling them at awesome discounted prices direct to consumers: fun, affordable, and accessible to all. Today, our shops are open in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany and the UK - and more markets will be added as we grow! 🌎 💪
Equality & Diversity
At Matsmart-Motatos we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Commercial & Operations
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Why work with us?
♻️ Have real impact
A unique opportunity to work hands on to reduce the food waste.
💪 Entrepreneurial journey
Entrepreneurial experience in a well-financed company with very ambitious growth plans. Plenty of room for personal growth.
👫 The best colleagues available
We are a dedicated team that work towards a common goal. We have fun together and learn from each other. Everyday.
Workplace & culture
Our employees are driven, smart, fun and passionate about our mission - to reduce the food waste. Working here you will experience an atmosphere that is entrepreneurial and energetic. Curious how that feels? Reach out and try us!
Matsmart-Motatos is an online store with the superhero ambition of saving the planet by reducing food waste🦸🌎 How, you might wonder? Well, simply by selling stuff that would otherwise have gone to waste due to reasons like overproduction, faulty packaging, seasonal trends and short or passed expiration dates. Awesomely at bargain prices. Do you too feel like a hero? Join us✌️
Loading application form
Already working at Matsmart-Motatos?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.