At Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all view food waste is a good place to start. Motatos is a European e-commerce company, aiding the sustainable reform of our food system. We partner with food and FMCG companies to save products at risk of going to waste by re-selling them at awesome discounted prices direct to consumers: fun, affordable, and accessible to all. Today, we are present in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Germany and we are now on our way to embrace the UK and beyond! Join our revolution! 🌎 💪
Working at Motatos, you will join our fight against food waste and have the ability to contribute to making the world a better place.
As Strategy Manager you get the chance to shape the strategy of one of the most exciting food-tech scale ups in Europe.
What you’ll do
Matsmart/Motatos works in a highly dynamic environment, and we always want to be prepared to leverage upcoming opportunities while steering around challenges. As a fast-growing global company, a common understanding on strategy is therefore key. In a nutshell, achieving exactly that shared view amongst all of us would be your new job.
- Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, you will co-lead the strategy work at Matsmart/Motatos
- Monitor the world around us: from being on top of the competitive situation, to reviewing micro and macro trends - you are always two steps ahead
- Strategy is not a one-off: Together with management, you keep the corporate strategy and key focuses up to date
- As an expert on strategic frameworks and models, you'll work closely with commercial, product and functional teams to build, tweak and update their strategies
Our humble expectations - we see that you have experience in the following areas
- A few years of working in a strategy consulting firm, with corporate strategy assignments (preferably in the digital industry)
- Leading cross-functional and global projects with high business impact
- Working independently with data analysis and visualization, especially using Excel/Sheets and PowerPoint/Slides
- Structured problem-solving, business case modelling and engaging storytelling
- Hosting strategy workshops with diverse stakeholders
We believe you:
- Have a good sense of ownership and take action when needed
- Are humble and highly collaborative, yet don't always wait for direction
- A true team player with strong social skills and a winning mentality
What we offer
Matsmart/Motatos offers you a social and energizing workplace where your creativity and ideas are more than welcome and appreciated. We like to explore, and we are not afraid to try new things. You will get a good combination of ownership, responsibility, and variety. We want our employees to learn and develop but also have fun at work.
Since we are in a rapid growth phase, you will be part of an exciting journey where we are growing in terms of team, new markets, new products, and the development of the platform. Together we are building a successful and unique e-commerce company that is contributing to a more sustainable world.
The assessment process
We screen applications on a rolling basis
- Application screening
- Logical reasoning & personality test via https://evali.work/
- Culture interview with a possible future colleague of yours
- Case interview with Chief Strategy Officer & Chief Operating Officer
Equality & Diversity
At Matsmart-Motatos we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.