At Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all view food waste is a good place to start. Motatos is a European e-commerce company, aiding the sustainable reform of our food system. We partner with food and FMCG companies to save products at risk of going to waste by re-selling them at awesome discounted prices direct to consumers: fun, affordable, and accessible to all. Today, we are present in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Germany and we are now on our way to embrace the UK and beyond! Join our revolution! 🌎 💪
Working at Motatos, you will join our fight against food waste and have the ability to contribute to making the world a better place.
As Head of Operations for Sweden and Finland you will be responsible for the performance of the two markets. You, together with the local teams, manage and execute the daily operational tasks and make sure you have the right tools to make the markets perform. You’ll work at a high pace and have many contact points. As Head of Operation Sweden and Finland you’ll be part of the Nordic organization and report to the Nordic director.
What you’ll do
- Manage the daily business
- Make sure we have the right basis to be able to reach our goals
- Along with the local teams, plan and execute campaigns
- Work closely with the nordic functions, making sure daily operations are executed as planned
- Set the P&L budget together with the nordic director & nordic function heads
- Follow up and take action, making sure the budget is followed every day
- Collaborate closely with purchasers for local markets, making sure the right assortment is in place
- Give input and feedback to nordic function heads & nordic director on local market needs in all areas of business
Our humble expectations - we’d like to see that you have experience in the following areas
- A few years experience in sales
- A few years experience in e-commerce
- Leadership experience
We believe you are
- Feel comfortable being responsible for the market's performance, and take action.
- Take responsibility for and manage the team, displaying some essential leadership behaviors such as empathy, facilitating others, leading by example, managing stakeholders and building relationships.
- Have high-level analytical skills, understanding the connection between every day actions and results.
A problem solver
- Enjoy solving problems and are unafraid of digging into them.
- Humble and highly collaborative.
- Sales is our passion and to succeed in this role, you need to love it. Every hour of sales counts and we want to save as much food as possible, always!
What we offer
Matsmart/Motatos offers you a social and energized workplace where your creativity and ideas are more than welcome and appreciated. We like to explore, and we are not afraid to try new things. You will get a good combination of ownership, responsibility, and variety. We want our employees to learn and develop but also have fun at work.
Since we are in a rapid growth phase, you will be part of an exciting journey where we are growing in terms of team, new markets, new products, and the development of the platform. Together we are building a successful and unique e-commerce company that is contributing to a more sustainable world.
Equality & Diversity
At Matsmart-Motatos we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.