Join our revolution! 🌎
At Matsmart/Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. We do this by taking care of already produced surplus goods and selling them online at affordable prices to customers who want to buy perfectly good food that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Matsmart/Motatos is now one of the leading e-commerce companies in Sweden and expanding to new markets.
The Data team at Matsmart/Motatos:
The data team helps solve the challenges that an extremely variable and fast-moving assortment of surplus goods possesses to our business and consumers, while continuously working to improve the efficiency of the company's processes to make its mission sustainable and profitable.
We are a small team but have a cut edge data platform built on Azure components and a growing business organization with Analytics Engineers and BI superusers that can proudly be called self-sufficient. We are now investing heavily in our own customer measurement framework, personalization, and optimization services, and here is where this role fits in.
You will be the link between the business functions, Data and Tech teams, and the key stakeholder in the data value chain. You will own and develop the different data warehouse models/marts, PBI datasets, and other data services, while coaching the BI superusers and other stakeholders in the function on how to consume and use these services or developing new solutions to optimize processes and decision making.
This role requires a unique mix of business acumen and technical skills in equal parts. We have two openings for this role, one within finance and another within sales, procurement, and logistics.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining data warehouse models and PowerBI datasets.
- Coaching BI superusers and other stakeholders on data self-service and analytics.
- Develop new solutions to optimize processes and decision-making.
- 3+ years of experience in similar or relevant roles and relevant education
- Have worked with large and diverse datasets, data visualization (PowerBI, Qlik Sense, Looker, Tableau, etc), and data modeling (SQL based databases)
- Highly skilled in communicating both to technical and business stakeholders and used to translating business needs into technical requirements
- You are pragmatic and have a business mindset
- Excited to be part of a small organization where you will be in the spotlight and can have a great business impact
- Knowledge of data transformation tools and orchestration tools such as DBT or Azure Data Factory is a plus
- Python, R, Matlab are a plus.
- Experience within finance, sales, procurement, or logistics is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to gain domain knowledge within finance or sales, procurement, and logistics. You will be part of an exciting journey where we are growing in terms of employees, new markets, and developing new data services to support our processes and operations that you will be the key responsible for. As you will be working closely with the data team and key business stakeholders you will have the opportunity to develop in either direction depending on your background and interests, either moving into data engineering and advanced analytics or data-driven business development.
Start date: As soon as possible 📆
Work extent: Full time, permanent position with a six months probationary period
Location: Flex-Remote with the office at Södermalm, Stockholm
Do you think this sounds interesting? We are looking forward to your application! 🙌🏽