Join our revolution! 🌎
At Matsmart/Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. At Matsmart/Motatos, we are taking care of already produced surplus goods and selling it online at affordable prices to customers who want to buy perfectly good food that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Tech at Matsmart/Motatos
Matsmart/Motatos is one of the leading e-commerce companies in Sweden. We have a modern e-commerce architecture built on a headless e-commerce platform based on Drupal, content from Contentful, and React frontend. Our core system communicates through our custom-developed middleware hosted in Azure created in Net Core using C#. We believe in a decoupled microservices architecture, and we use Azure Functions behind our API gateway to access all the internal Net Core resources. We use SQL Server to persist data and Cosmos DB as a cache.
Our tech organization is a small but growing team of tech enthusiasts, and every member of the team plays a crucial role in our success story. In our tech team, you will get challenged and feel that you are making a difference. If you are passionate about tech, want to make an impact, and have fun along the way, you might fit in our team.
As an Engineering Manager in the Operational Excellence team, you will have overall responsibility on development processes, workflows, and team dynamics. Since we are scaling up our platform to handle new markets and an increased amount of customers, we offer you an exciting role filled with opportunities and variety. Today the team consists of 2 developers and a couple of consultants, and we are aiming to hire more developers in the near future.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead a high-performing development team, taking accountability for recruitment, delivery, and technological health.
- Support, coach, and mentor our developers, creating opportunities for them to grow.
- Own agile development, continuous improvement, technical excellence, and team dynamics.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Owner and business stakeholders to optimize resource allocation, resolve dependencies, evaluate trade-offs and estimate development efforts.
We believe that you:
- Have 2+ years experience as a people manager with a strong engineering background, and a focus on communication and team building.
- Have strong experience managing development teams working with modern backend architectures (experience with C# / SQL Server / Azure is a big plus)
- Have experience with coaching, mentoring, feedback, and career development.
- Have first-hand experience with coding and software development
- Have experience in working within e-commerce or retail (if you don't have it yet, we'll teach you everything we know).
- Are someone who likes to have fun at work and have a customer-centric mindset.
What’s in it for you?
Matsmart/Motatos offers you a social and energized workplace where your creativity and ideas are more than welcome and appreciated. We like to explore and we are not afraid to try new things. You will get a good combination of freedom, responsibility, and variety. We want our employees to learn and develop but also have fun at work.
Since we are in a rapid growth phase, you get to be part of an exciting journey where we are growing in terms of employees, new markets, new products, and the development of the platform.
Together we build a successful e-commerce company and drive a positive change, fighting food waste, and reducing our climate footprint. ♻️
Start date: As soon as possible 📆
Work extent: Full time, permanent position with a six months probationary period
Location: Flex-Remote with an office at Södermalm, Stockholm
Do you think this sounds interesting? We are looking forward to your application! 🙌🏽