At Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. Motatos is a European impact company and e-commerce aiding the sustainable reform of our food system. We partner with food and FMCG companies to save products at risk of going to waste by re-selling them at awesome discounted prices direct to consumers: fun, cheap, and accessible to all. Today, we are present in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Germany and we are now on our way to embrace the rest of Europe and beyond!
Join our revolution! 🌎 💪
Working at Motatos, you will join our fight against food waste and have the ability to contribute to making the world a better place. With major tailwinds and following our recent success and growth in Germany, we are continuing our expansion and the UK is next up where you will lead the way and have a chance to be part of this exciting expansion journey. Backed by investors like Northzone, LeadX Capital Partners, SEB Private Equity, and most recently London-based Blume Equity, we are ready to embrace the rest of Europe and beyond.
What you’ll do
The Regional Director Nordics is overall responsible for the business in the Nordic Market, consisting of Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Your main responsibilities are:
- Delivering on the sales budget, with full responsibility for sales-related P/L for all countries in the region
- Lead, build and develop the Nordic organisation consisting of local country teams and Nordic function teams (exact setup tbd)
- Overall responsible for the customer & supplier satisfaction in the region
- Own Nordic commercial agenda including commercial activities & marketing execution
- Oversee and develop the commercial operations in the region, from inflow of products to the warehouse until goods are delivered to customers
- Set & build structure for the Buying & Sourcing setup in the Nordics
- Overall responsible for building a loyal and engaged customer base in the Nordic region
Our humble expectations
- You know how to build and develop companies or commercial organizations
- You have extensive leadership experience
- You have experience from both operational and strategic work within sales
- You have experience working with e-commerce
- You know the Nordic markets well
- Experience in FMCG is a plus, but not essential
- You have experience in negotiation
These things would help you excel in the role
- Communicative and and excellent leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical skills
- A natural ability to plan, structure, and execute work independently
- Native in English (spoken & written)
We believe you are
- Competitive and willing to work independently, but still a team player
- Used to working in a matrix environment with excellent communication skills
- Inspirational with a strong ability to motivate people and enable them to grow
- Business-minded, however still with a sense of humor
What we offer
Matsmart/Motatos offers you a social and energized workplace where your creativity and ideas are more than welcome and appreciated. We like to explore and we are not afraid to try new things. You will get a good combination of freedom, responsibility, and variety. We want our employees to learn and develop but also have fun at work.
Since we are in a rapid growth phase, you get to be part of an exciting journey where we are growing in terms of employees, new markets, new products, and the development of the platform. Together we build a successful and unique e-commerce company that is contributing for a good purpose.
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. The role is a permanent job with a six months probation period.