Join our revolution! 🌎
At Matsmart/Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. At Matsmart/Motatos, we are taking care of already produced surplus goods and selling it online at affordable prices to customers who want to buy perfectly good food that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Tech at Matsmart/Motatos:
Matsmart/Motatos is one of the leading e-commerce companies in Sweden. We have a modern e-commerce architecture built on a headless e-commerce platform based on Drupal, content from Contentful, and React frontend. At Matsmart/Motatos you will get to work in a fast-paced and rapid-growing environment with a state-of-the-art technology platform. Our tech department is small but a growing team of tech enthusiasts and every member of the team plays a crucial role in our success story. In our tech team, you will get challenged and feel that you are making a difference. If you are passionate about tech, want to make an impact, and have fun along the way, you might fit in our team.
As an Engineering Manager at Matsmart/Motatos you will have the overall responsibility of an in “all” aspects efficient development process. Since we are scaling up our platform to handle new markets and an increased amount of customers, we offer you an exciting role filled with responsibility and variety.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Be a leader of one or several development teams, taking accountability for recruitment, delivery, and technological health.
- Support, coach, and mentor our developers, creating opportunities for them to grow.
- Build a high-performing team with a strong DevOps culture.
- Own agile development, continuous improvement, technical excellence, and team dynamics for the team you are responsible for
- Collaborate closely with the Product Owner and business stakeholders to optimize resource allocation, resolve dependencies, evaluate trade-offs and estimate development efforts.
- Spend a portion of your time writing code yourself
We believe that you:
- Have 2+ years experience as Engineering Manager/Tech Lead with strong leadership qualities, with focus on communication and team building
- Have strong Frontend development skills focusing on React, Redux, Next.js, Node, REST and Sass
- Have experience in working within e-commerce or retail (if you don't have it yet, we'll teach you everything we know)
- Like to have fun at work and have a customer-centric mindset
- Are eager to learn from your colleagues and can also bring something to the table
What’s in it for you?
Matsmart/Motatos offers you a social and energized workplace where your creativity and ideas are more than welcome and appreciated. We like to explore and we are not afraid to try new things. You will get a good combination of freedom, responsibility, and variety. We want our employees to learn and develop but also have fun at work.
Since we are in a rapid growth phase, you get to be part of an exciting journey where we are growing in terms of employees, new markets, new products, and the development of the platform.
Together we build a successful e-commerce company and drive a positive change, fighting food waste, and reducing our climate footprint. ♻️
Start date: As soon as possible 📆
Work extent: Full time, permanent position with a six months probationary period
Location: Flex-Remote with office at Södermalm, Stockholm
Do you think this sounds interesting? We are looking forward to your application! 🙌🏽