Join our revolution! 🌎
At Matsmart/Motatos, we challenge the thought of sustainable consumption. We want everyone to be able to contribute to saving our planet in an effortless way, and we believe revolutionizing how we all look upon food waste is a good place to start. We do this by taking care of already produced surplus goods and selling them online at affordable prices to customers who want to buy perfectly good food that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Matsmart/Motatos is now one of the leading e-commerce companies in Sweden and expanding to new markets.
The Data team at Matsmart/Motatos:
The data team helps solving the challenges that an extremely variable and fast-moving assortment of surplus goods posses to our business and consumers, while continuously working to improve the efficiency of the company's processes to make its mission sustainable and profitable. We are a small team but have a cut edge data platform built on Azure components and a growing business organization with data owners and BI specialists that can proudly be called self-sufficient. We are now investing heavily in our own customer measurement framework and streaming infrastructure and here is where this role fits in.
As a Data Engineer at Matsmart/Motatos, you will focus on streaming and development of data services to support pricing, procurement, logistics, and direct communication with our customers.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Own and develop data services based on stream and Kappa architectures
- Support and collaborate with other tech teams to build automated testing and quality assurance mechanisms in the stream sources
- Lead our Data Owners and Data Specialists on how to consume streams and services that you are responsible for, with tools such as Kibana, Graphana or Power BI / Direct Query. You will not be building and maintaining reports or dashboards.
We believe that you:
- Have solid experience in data warehousing, data modeling, and data pipeline orchestration
- Have experience in data stream processing or a strong drive and genuine interest to work with it
- Would like to work with our tech stack; Databricks, Apache Spark, Events Hubs, Kafka Streams, Delta Lake, Azure, ELK
- Have a MSc/BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant field
- Are excited to be part of a small organization where you will be in the spotlight and can have a great business impact
- Are truly passionate about your expertise and willing to empower the organization with it
What’s in it for you?
At Matsmart/Motatos, you get to join an empowering team of Data owners and BI Specialists that truly understand and appreciate the value of your work. We offer you a great combination of freedom, responsibility, and variety. You get to be part of an organization that is not afraid of testing and trying new ideas and technologies. We are on an exciting journey where we are growing in terms of employees, new markets, new products and data services to support our processes and operations.
Start date: As soon as possible 📆
Work extent: Full time, permanent position with a six months probationary period
Location: Södermalm, Stockholm
Do you think this sounds interesting? We are looking forward to your application! 🙌🏽